HCTB TEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.A.Q. For the Here Comes The Bus Website

Go down

F.A.Q. For the Here Comes The Bus Website Empty F.A.Q. For the Here Comes The Bus Website

Post by Admin Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:55 am

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Here Comes The Bus?
How do I add my student to my account?
How do I log into the website?
How do I get information about my student’s bus location?
How do I update my account settings
What is the difference between Basic Access and Full Access
How do I receive an alert when the bus is close to my stop?
How do I view the website in a language other than English?
How do I log out?

Answers

What is Here Comes The Bus?

Here Comes the Bus is an easy-to-use website and mobile device app that enables parents and caregivers to view the real-time location of their child’s school bus on a computer, tablet or smartphone. In addition, email alerts and push notifications help parents send their students to the bus stop at just the right time.

This website and application can be viewed on any smart phone (Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, BlackBerry, etc.), after the account has first been registered on a computer.

How do I add my student to my account?

During the registration process you will be prompted to add students.

Add your student(s) by:

Clicking Add.
Entering your student’s last name.
Entering your student’s ID.
Clicking Save.

You may also add students at a later time by clicking on My Account tab at the top of the page.

Click Log In to go to your account and follow the progress of your student’s bus.

How do I log into the website?

Existing Accounts

View the Scheduled & Actual arrival times by entering your:

Email Address
Password
Account Number

Checking Remember Me will save the User Name and Account Number. The Password will still have to be entered each time to log in.
Press Log In,

How do I get information about my student’s bus location?

Across the top are six tabs, the Map tab will be highlighted when you log in each time.

The Map page will display:

A header section containing important information:
Name, scheduled time, and actual arrival time for your student’s bus stop and school stop will be listed in the header section of the map.
Your student's regular bus number will be displayed. If a second bus number appears in (parentheses) then that indicates that a substitute bus is running the bus route.
The time that information was last received from the bus is important because cellular and GPS coverage can affect the timeliness of the information that is displayed. If the data is not updating frequently, the bus may be traveling toward your student’s stop, but not sending updates.
Bus location (yellow bus icon)
Bus movement direction (black arrow on the bus icon)
Your student’s stop (a red stop sign that turns green once the bus has visited the stop)

You may set the refresh time to Off, or a refresh rate of every 10, 20, or 30 seconds.

The current time of day will be selected. You can also change the time of day to view information about other time frames for the current day.

Using the Zoom In / Zoom Out tools you can increase / decrease the detail of the map.

If you have more than one student registered using the drop down arrow next to the student’s name will allow you to select your other student(s) and will refresh the map to display their bus number, if they have been picked up / dropped off, and their school location.

How do I update my account settings

Selecting the MY ACCOUNT tab will allow you to:

Change your password
Manage your contacts
Manage your student(s)' information

Your password must be between 8 and 16 characters in length and also requires the following:

One UPPER case letter.
One lower case letter.
One special character: !@#$^*():;,>./?\&<>"'
One number.

What is the difference between Basic Access and Full Access

You can upgrade to Full Access at any time by choosing the option from the Get Full Access button and choosing Start Free Trial on the Upgrade tab.

Basic Access will let you see the current reported position of your child’s bus from our website, which can be loaded on a computer, tablet, or smart phone.

Full Access allows you to download the Mobile App for Here Comes the Bus, let’s you set and change your Zone radius, allows for push notifications, email alerts, and provides access to historical stop information.

How do I receive an alert when the bus is close to my stop?

Alerts come in with the Full Access version of your account, and can arrive via e-mail or on your device screen via a push notification. These alerts can notify you of a vehicle entering a zone, or of a change to a route assignment.

When you go to the Notifications screen, you should see the following:

Click on Edit Radius to change the size of the radius (500 ft. to 2 miles). Your default center for your radius will be your home. If you move the map, it will move the radius for your notification. This action will not change the location of your stop.

If you click on Edit Contacts, you will see the following:

This will list all contacts that are currently added under the My Account tab and if they receive an alert when the bus enters and leaves the zone. The messages will go out automatically based on the settings selected.

Please note: notifications may take up to 24 hours to take effect.

How do I view the website in a language other than English?

Yes, the website is also available in Spanish and French. If your PC is already set to display one of these languages, the website will automatically display the same language. If you need to change languages, you can choose by clicking on the list of available languages from the list above the logout button.

How do I log out?

Selecting the LOG OUT tab will log you out and bring up the screen giving you the option to log in.

Admin
Admin

https://hctbtest.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum